An egg donor must meet the following criteria:
- age between 18 and 34 years old (inclusive)
- health status free of serious diseases (including congenital and psychic ones)
- minimum completed education – secondary
- a donor cannot be a woman who in the past already donated oocytes in another centre for assisted reproduction
- a donor undergoes a baseline pelvic examination (including a personal interview and examination of a hormone profile), screening for sexually transmitted diseases (HIV, hepatitis, syphilis, etc.) and a genetic testing from blood (karyotype – evaluation of the number and structure of chromosomes and test for cystic fibrosis)
Recipient of donated oocytes
The adoption of donated eggs (oocytes) is for some women the only chance to give birth to a healthy child. The causes can be multiple:
- e.g. premature menopause (menopause)
- premature termination of ovarian function
- hereditary disease
- low oocyte quality
- prehistory with oncological therapy
With donated eggs, these women can be given the most beautiful gift in the world – a chance to be a mother.
Before starting treatment, customers have the opportunity to complete a donor selection questionnaire, in which they also specify the donor’s physiognomic characteristics – appearance and other desired characteristics – to ensure the closest possible match between the donor and the recipient.
Recipients are guaranteed:
- The donor of oocytes is exclusively reserved only for you
- All eggs are fertilized by the ICSI procedure (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
- Minimum of 2 embryos at the blastocyst stage
- All embryos are cultured in the EmbryoScope – the most stable incubator for morphokinetic assessment of the quality of embryos
- Embryotransfer is performed on day 5 of culturing when embryos reach the blastocyst stage
During treatment with donated eggs (oocytes), the eggs are fertilised with sperm from the recipient’s partner and the resulting embryos are then transferred to her uterus.
The whole process is synchronized with the hormonal stimulation of the egg donor.
In case of a higher number of high quality embryos, they are frozen – cryopreserved.
Preparation of the recipient for transfer of embryos from donated oocytes occurs at home. Drugs needed for the preparation of the uterus are prescribed for you by our physician. Within this hormonal stimulation one ultrasound examination is necessary to undergo with your gynaecologist in order to monitor thickness of the uterine mucosa.
Once your results are optimal our Centre will confirm the pre-agreed particular day for embryo transfer. The embryos are inserted into the uterus during a short ambulatory procedure – embryo transfer
In our Centre we provide nonstop embryo monitoring and culturing in the most stable incubator – EmbryoScopeTM, which due to a built-in camera enables an embryologist to evaluate embryo quality in detail and select for transfer embryos with the highest likelihood of implantation. After embryo culturing in the EmbryoScopeTM you will receive a message with photodocumentation of embryos from Embryoscope.
Embryos are transferred into the uterus on day 5 of their culturing (after a so-called prolonged culturing). Selection of the best quality embryos in a blastocyst stage enhances the likelihood of successful embryotransfer. In the event of retrieving a higher number of quality embryos the remaining embryos are cryopreserved and stored in case for further use.
Frozen embryos can be used by a couple for further insemination, when again a short hormonal preparation of the recipient’s uterus occurs (the uterus is prepared for successful embryo implantation).
Egg donation is strictly anonymous!
During the whole process of a recipient’s preparation for transfer of the embryos fertilized by donated oocytes our coordinator and physician are at your service on phone or SKYPE.
The price of donation programme 4.550 € includes:
- Compensation of necessary expences for the donnor
- Preparation of donor´s stimualtion protocol
- Hormonal stimulation of the donor, monitoring and blood tests
- Donor´s egg retrieval, anaesthesia
- Management of hormonal preparation of the recipient of donated oocytes
- ICSI fertilization of all mature oocytes
- Prolonged culturing of embryos
- Monitoring of embryos in EmbryoScopeTM